Version 2 (0.8.1) is now available on the app store which fixes many of the bugs below.
Today we are pleased to announce the release of our new iOS app, ChinesePod - Podcast
This is an early-release version that we will update again in the coming weeks, and continue to actively develop and improve, based on your feedback.
Features of the new app
- Watch video lessons in the app.
- word-by-word translations
- look up sentences and vocabulary in Pleco Dictionary for further study.
- Improved UI across the app, with improved dialogue screen
- Improvements to our API so that lesson data loads faster
Known Bugs/Missing Features
- Can't delete offline content (Fixed in 0.8.1)
- Offline content only includes audio(Fixed in 0.8.1)
- No progress when downloading content (Fixed in 0.8.1)
- word-by-word translation box only displays simplified Chinese, even if you have traditional on. (Fixed in 0.8.1)
- No native iPad app (Fixed in 0.8.1)
- highlighted text in word-by-word box included an underline.(Fixed in 0.8.1)
Fixes expected in next version (Expected next week depending on Apple review process)
- delete downloaded files (Fixed in 0.8.1)
- download multiple files at the same time
- view lesson data for offline content (vocabulary/ dialogue etc) (Fixed in 0.8.1)
- download in background mode (Fixed in 0.8.1)
- show progress bar on download page when downloading (Fixed in 0.8.1)
- Native iPad app
- Other features based on your feedback.
We hope you enjoy this new version of the app. We have re-written it from the ground up, and our developers will be looking out for your feedback so that they can continually improve it.
Please leave your feedback below
-The ChinesePod Team
For all updates, please follow the forum thread.